Vacancy Sawblade Expert, Cutting Tool Expert, Tool Designer
The Kinkelder Product Development & Application Technology Team is responsible for the development and optimization of circular saw blades for the metal cutting industry. Our major customers are suppliers for the automotive industry as well as tube and pipe manufacturers. Our goal is to continuously improve our cutting tools and find solutions for challenging customer applications.
You will use your experience in cutting tool science/industry and your passion to design saw blades that outperform our current products, as well as our competitors’ saw blades. Solving complex technical problems to boost the development of new cutting tools and thereby meeting our customers´ demands will be your main target. You are easy to cooperate and work with, you take initiative and you are efficient in planning and reporting. You report directly to the Chief Technical Officer.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development and improvement of cutting geometries
- Selecting and improving cutting geometries for saw tips, by analysing saw blades used at customers, by running simulation software present at Kinkelder, by developing and testing prototype saw blades inhouse and at customers;
- Selecting, improving and developing edge preparation knowledge and methods;
- Developing a better understanding of the relation between carbide and cermet materials and performance in close cooperation with the application engineers and tip suppliers;
- Developing a better understanding of the relation between tool properties and performance in close cooperation with the application engineers;
- Developing knowledge on relations between saw body properties and saw blade performance in cooperation with selected universities;
- Independently managing R&D projects
- Support on production and process technology
- Developing a better understanding on the relation between the performance of the saw blades and the way they are produced (e.g. grinding methods, effects of tolerances on tip and blade dimensions);
- Being the linking pin between Product Development & Application Technology and the production departments.
- University Degree in Engineering, with proven track record in tooling
- At least 3 years of experience, either in industry or in a research institute
- Profound knowledge of literature on cutting tool science
- Preferably experience with simulation software
- Good organizational skills, including project management
- Good knowledge of English and German, both orally and in writing
- Good social and communication skills
What we offer
A challenging job with a lot of opportunities for self-development. When proven suitable, you will receive a permanent appointment. Kinkelder offers 25 leave days and 13 ATV days (reduction of working hours).
Industrial saw blade manufacturer Kinkelder, located in the east of the Netherlands, tailors sawing solutions to the demands of professional cutting specialists. By means of our high technology circular saw blades, the latest developments in coating technology, metallurgy, precision grinding and technical support, we enable our customers to achieve their cutting objectives. Kinkelder’s full commitment includes training, both within its own organisation and of its customers, as a route to greater production efficiency. By providing structured workshops, seminars and individual support we continuously raise our standards of quality and productivity.
Wil je solliciteren, dan ontvangen we graag je motivatie en cv via onderstaand formulier. Wil je meer weten over deze functie? Bel dan 0316-582200 en vraag naar Dick Pelskamp, HR Manager bij Kinkelder BV.